- Blocksign: blockchain service for legally signing any document, contract, or agreement.
- Database Reading list : Implementation of Database System reading list for CS286. Good topic overview
- Distributed systems theory for the distributed systems engineer : More than a simple list of paper, this is a very nice introduction to the world of distributed systems.
- Queues : Job queues, message queues and other queues. Almost all of them in one place.
Friday, August 29, 2014
Today's links : blockchain , Database, Distributed Systems , Queues
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Today's links : IO performance , LinuxCon 2014 slides , IP laws
- Understanding I/O Patterns at the Block Level with ioprof , blktrace, and blkparse : Nice and Short overview on how to use I/O benchmark and performance tool to characterize performance of block devices .
- Intellectual Property: Law and the Information Society; Cases and Materials (PDF) — James Boyle and Jennifer Jenkins’ open law textbook on IP.
- LinuxCon 2014 slides decks : interesting ones:
- TwitterCache : Replacing Hardware RAID with Persistent Memory and software RAID stack
- Ever Growing CPU States: Context Switch with Less Memory and Better Performance : loads of cpu goodies from Intel
- Kpatch Without Stop Machine : open source live patching solution , useful for these system that MUST stay up.
Monday, August 25, 2014
Today's link : NLP, Kubernetes, CAP , text editor
- Tutorial: Deep Learning for NLP (without Magic) by Richard Socher, Chris Manning and Yoshua Bengiom, NAACL 2013
- Kubernetes Roadmap : whats cooking
- CAP Twelve Years Later: How the 'Rules' Have Changed : stuff change stuff say the same
- Lime Text editor : work in progress but definite potential to surpass sublime editor.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Today's link : BlockChain , DNS, Elastic Cloud Management, Marketplace and Non Turing language
- Circuit : is a programmable platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and/or Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), for management, discovery, synchronization and orchestration of services and hosts comprising cloud applications. Non-turing circuit based architecture are really interesting concept
- DNS chain : using blockchain to discover, authenticate and encrypt communication
- Xennet: Another solution using blockchain :HPC Cloud want to be Free-Market Alternative to AWS
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Today's links: SDN , RDMA , Micro-services, Beautiful website
- Decentralized Task-aware Scheduling for Data Center Networks by Fahad R Dogar, Thomas Karagiannis, Hitesh Ballani, and Ant Rowstron, August 2014, SIGCOMM 2014
- Using RDMA Efficiently for Key-Value Services : HERD, RDMA fabric optimized key-value system
- "Application-Driven Bandwidth Guarantees in Datacenters", HP Labs, SIGCOMM'14, PDF
- Failing at Microservices : what not to do when you want to deploy microservices by @richardclayton
- Beatiful website : some WebGL Magic
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Today's links : deep learning book, corporate buzzword song, and synchronization methods
- Free book : as the title say learn neural network and deep learning
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Synchronization but Were Afraid to Ask : very good paper providing an overview of different synchronization methods.
- Mission Statement : Corporate speak / buzzword bingo song.. Funny but also depressing in some way. Song by "Weird Al" Yankovic
Thursday, August 07, 2014
Today's links : Big data, deep learning, Cryptography, Microsoft Dev practice evolution
- TESSERA : Open Source Environment for Deep Analysis of Large Complex Data
- New algorithm shakes up #cryptography : Researchers have solved one aspect of the discrete logarithm problem
- A Fast, Minimal Memory, Consistent Hash Algorithm : fast, minimal memory, consistent hash algorithm in 5 lines of code!
- How Microsoft dragged its development practices into the 21st century : the long road to move toward an agile dev ops oriented practice at Microsoft.
Tuesday, August 05, 2014
Today's links: Carmack, GPGPU and secure DHT
- John Carmack SMU Talk : "miss an opportunity you can just wait for the next one", "avoiding chasing the last big thing"
- Arrayfire opensource its code: #gpu #cuda #opencl opensource
- TeleHash : A secure wire protocol powering a decentralized overlay network for apps and devices using a kademilia based DHT routing protocol; TeleHash / JSON + UDP + DHT = Freedom
Friday, August 01, 2014
Today's links: Autotools, SNIA, Software defined storage , Loom from HP and a rude cloud consultant
And finally NSFW: The Cloud Computing Consultant
- Autotools Mythbuster : no-nonsense guide to Autotools
- 2014 Data Storage Innovation Conference Presentations :
- Mining of Massive Datasets : Book on data mining of very large amounts of data by Anand Rajaraman and Jeff Ullman @standford
- HP Loom : hybrid cloud management tool at scale via a single console
And finally NSFW: The Cloud Computing Consultant